17.12.11

Examples of 2D Work

In the future I intend to write an entire blog post about all of these toons. Each one had much time and work put into them, with many interesting production details about who and what did what. For now though the work pretty much speaks for itself.



Completed as part of my character animation module for my 3rd year of university, we were told to pick from a selection of audio clips and animate a character that we thought fit it best. For piles more information about this animation CLICK HERE



This was created for my 2nd year animation module. The ICA we were given told us that the cartoon had to have an event involving something escaping from something. I came up with the idea of some petshop owner chasing a small rodent through a petshop... (Writers block I guess.)



For my final year project which I wrote a giant essay about, I created a music video to the song of RE: your Brains by internet song writer Jonathan Coulton. The song is about office employee Tom who is being bothered again at work by his boss Bob, who has for some reason been turned into a zombie... also its the end of the world and zombies have taken over. For loads and loads of unnecessary information about this limited animation animatic CLICK HERE



This video was made in 11 days as application for a Disney internship work placement.  My schedule involved getting up at midday, working until 6am, then rinse and repeat. The work got me an interview, but alas it was not to be. Fun cartoon based on the likes of Monkey Island 3 and so on. It would have taken too long to make the fully working game so this is what a playthrough of it would look like. More information about this project can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment