17.12.11

Examples of 3D Work

The following 3D animations were made using Autodesk Softimage and 3D Studio Max. In each I modeled the environments and characters, applying textures and rigging were applicable.



This first cartoon was made in my first year of study and was the first 3D animation I ever created. In the ICA we were told that toys were on the lose in a kitchen. I decided to make two transformer toys racing.


For my 2nd yeah 3D character animation I decided to model my hamster character Gibbles as a teddy bear like toy.



We were given a background and some props and had to have our character do something with them for 20 seconds.


For the final animation I had a much grander idea in mind, but with the demands of other university projects unfortunately ran out of time. So instead of making the adventure about the legless robot having trouble going up and down stairs etc, I decided to use the character I modeled with an animation that applied all the skills I had learned through out the year.



The ICA asked for us to perform a series of certain lighting, textures and deform tasks, so some things in the cartoon are just there to suit the marking criteria. Regardless of some of the randomness of the toon, I was able to get an A grade so everything worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment