17.12.11

Introduction

My name is Mike Lawrence and I have been involved in creating various animated projects for the last six years. I am a recent graduate of Teesside University in Middlesbrough, Cleveland, England where I received my degree after completing a three year course in Computer Animation (BA HONS).

From 2005-2008 I spent much of my spare time working with Adobe Flash and submitting my creations to Newgrounds.com where I was rewarded with seven daily awards, huge amounts of feedback, and thousands of traffic generated with many of my creations being displayed on the front page of the website.



After a while I began to post work on my Deviant Art page, and have since worked on a multitude of freelance projects for networked employers. These include co creating the logo for the games company Drop Dead Interactive and completing in under two weeks, a seventeen minute animated feature for a local film maker which used the South Park style to spoof the South Bank University.

Through my time at university I have gain sufficient skills in various 2D and 3D softwares, and continue to use what I've learned in order to improve my work and tell better and more visually interesting storys. My goals are to one day get a stable job in the industry, so that I may some day make a living of what started out as just a really fun hobby that I used to do in my spare time to entertain myself and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment