16.3.12

We always intended for the Ewoks to Blink!


Back in 2009 myself and buddy Reese Mills were asked to create an animation, based on the logo for games company Drop Dead Interactive, regular Xblig contributor and GameCity attendee.

Old - 2009 

(as seen at the beginning of trailer for Zombie Concentration: featured on Game Trailers.com)



It was a nice little short cartoon, with a concept story boarded and mostly spear headed by Reese, who created the background art, edited the sound, and added many touch ups to my efforts as I shipped them over to him...by walking the small distance between our room in our University shared student housing.


I created the character by showing Reese a bunch of different ideas based on his art. He pointed at the one he liked, I re-created it in Adobe Flash, he tweaked it, I animated it, and thus there was a piece of film to be admired for the ages!!...until 2012 when Managing Director/Lead Developer of DDI George Lucas Jay Adeloye said something to the effect of: "Do it again but better"

New- 2012

(as seen at the beginning of trailer for Dot Dash)


I believe Reese was asked first, but was too busy at the time with University work...as well as probably hookers and coke (not confirmed), so the work was this time passed to me to do by my lone some.


 The new much better animation was re created visually from scratch, but still heavily based on what was originally made by Reese and I two years back. Below is the concept art I sent to George...I mean Joshua...I mean Jay, who happily approved its re-vamp.

 
So check out. All joking aside, I am very proud of this animation and am very happy to continue to be affiliated with such a fine game company and the awesome games they create.



Don't think I've sold out though. Mike D Lawrence belongs to nobody and will always remain completely unbiased to whatever he works on. As to how well DDI perform as a company and their game sales, I clearly care not.


On an unrelated note. When the game is finished and ready to be purchased on IndieCity, everyone who reads this must buy multiple copies of Dot Dash for your friends and family! If your home is without Dot Dash...might as well just start calling yourself a racist, paedophile, pervert, homophobic, xenophobic, necrophiliac and be honest with yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment